Plans, organizes, directs and controls activities related to the Program Buyer function with the objective of optimizing the total cost of purchases, while selecting the optimal capable source to support the program in all areas.
Evaluates quotes received from Category Managers and Platform Development Buyers as related to assigned programs.
Manages the pre-production builds for each program.
Ensures Purchasing and Supplier Quality Development work packages, during program development, are executed in the most cost effective and timely manner .
Responsible for processing design change requests and participating in the change management team until Gate 6.
Reports the supplier launch readiness to program management on a regular basis (coordinated with Supplier Quality Team).
Tracks the cost model for purchased components and materials per assigned platforms.
Assists in development of the strategic supply chain with commodity team.
Assists in ensuring suppliers respond appropriately to the program team including issues of delivery, cost or quality.
Develops long-term organizational strategies/plans to meet future platform needs and growth opportunities.
Maintains supplier relationships that are both productive and mutually beneficial while continually assisting in the search for and renegotiating cost savings on new sourcing opportunities, with current and / or new suppliers.
Participates in continuous improvement efforts for products, tools, processes and programs.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of platform objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business administration – Required.
· 5+ years’ experience in Purchasing or related field within a manufacturing facility.
· Relevant experience within the automotive electronics preferred .
· Strong oral and written communication skills with fluency in English.
· Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
· Able to represent technical topics internally and externally .